Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paula's Zentangle(r) Birthday Card

Today's birthday card is for my sister-in-law Paula.  Do you see a theme here????

I decided late last year that I was going to send birthday cards this year. So far I haven't missed one - OK it's only January 19, but I have sent out three cards so far. The only problem I'm having is that I keep finishing them the day after they should have been in the mail!


I haven't had much time to just sit and work on my cards - I will make time this weekend. I think I have 16 cards to send by the end of February -- I"m going to have to come up with another theme soon.


My friend, Linda, and I have been on a Cricut Cartridge Quest. A couple of weeks ago we found out that Michael's was selling the older cartridges for $9.99! What a steal, I mean deal... We went to four different Michael's and found that we already owned the ones that they still had - we missed the beginning of the sale by two days.  Last night I had to go to Menard's and they have Cricut Cartridges there - Never in a million years would I have looked for Cricut "stuff" at Menards. They were also selling them at $9.98, so I picked up a few that I didn't already own. I felt like I won the lottery.  Anyway, the point is now my friend and I are challenging each other, we are going to actually use the cartridges that we have to create cards. YIKES - use what we already own, who does that???


CRICUT CHALLENGE - We are picking a cartridge that we have and making two cards from the cartridge, we have to have the recipe with the card so we can go back and duplicate it when we want.  The first cartridge I'm going to use is Celebrations... This is going to be interesting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment