Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jon's 2012 Holiday Card

For the past several weeks I've been working on my father-in-law's holiday cards. I sent them off yesterday to my FIL and he will be able to address and mail them to his friend's early next week if not this weekend. That makes me happy. His only request for the cards is that they include a US Flag. He is a WWII vet.

All the cards that I am sending (35)

The front of one of the cards


Close up of the inside of the card

I goofed when I started cutting out the globes, I didn't realize that the paper needed to be face side down - so before I knew it a bunch of my globes were cut out backwards (look at the card on the left). The correct way to cut any image is to have the paper face down on the die (look at the card on the right).

The paper that I used was all paper that I had stashed. I can't believe how difficult it is for me to use the paper I already own. I have to learn to let it go! There is absolutely NO REASON to hoard the paper. That should be my new mantra. 


I finally received my eBosser and I have to say, I love using it.  The images below are the different elements that I used on the card.

The base of the card was created using the following die cuts Sizzix - Bigz Die - Extra Long Die Cutting Template - 3-D Pop Up - Card, Horizontal A2 with Circle Label. 

The globe = Sizzix Bigz Die by Tim Holtz - Vintage Globe.

The flag = Tim Hotz Mini Old Glory - Movers and Shapers

"Joy to the World" = Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Stacked Words: Christmas

Embossing Folder = Lifestyle Crafts A2 Snowflake








No comments:

Post a Comment